Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wayne McEvilly at Hedgerow Theatre

I arrived at Hedgerow having travelled from Santa Fe New Mexico, riding zig-zag across the country on this Kawasaki motorcycle - riding zig-zag and solo - for a performance of solo piano music composed by Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, and a spoken tribute to the great man of Hedgerow, Jasper Deeter, founder, teacher, mentor, actor, director, who imparted to me so much which must be left unsaid except by the perfect vehicle of music. I count the day in 1949 that I came upon the Hedgerow House while selling daffodils door to door and heard Jasper playing Beethoven from inside the house, and his later saying to me: "I love you, boy. You remember that! You may need that some day!" I count that day as blessed among all the days of my now long life.
And now I am going back to Hedgerow, May 24th 2016, at two o:clock in the afternoon, to do another tribute to Jasper in music -
but this time, I think I'm going to fly...

7 comments:

  1. What a colorful and exciting life you've led! I love the thought of you zig zagging on a bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminiscence... I enjoy (but am very surprised by) the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a wonderful remembrance, Wayne. Are you really going to Hedgerow in *2016*? Or did you just go this month/year?

    P.S. Stunning photo. I want a poster of that! In what year was the photo taken?

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة المشرق 0538993522

    مع شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ستتخلص تماما من الازعاج المستمر الذى تسببه الحشرات والافات بمختلف انواعها حيث تقدم الشركة خدمات مكافحة الحشرات بكفاءة عاليه وبدقة بالغه تقضى عليها تماما دون رجعه وذلك بفضل فريق العمل الذى تعتمد عليه الشركة وهو عبارة عن مجموعه من افضل المشرفين المهندسين المتخصصين فى ابادة الحشرات بمزيد من السرعه والانجاز والدقه وبأسعار رخيصه جدا وبعروض مبهره وبرامج وقايه ومتابعه دوريه مجانية.

    شركة رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة
    مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة الفئران بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة العتة بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة البق بالمدينة المنورة

    http://mashriq-clean.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-
    %D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%86%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%A9/

    ReplyDelete