Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dear Heart

Dear Heart -
At last a post from this far outpost. Who knew what distances there might have been in such an exile? Who could have calculated, taken the compass, brought it to bear? Anyway, as I have been thinking of horizons, as I see farther and farther the horizons stretching forth upon horizons, like the infinitude of mirrorings in a suburban station barbershop. So as I thought of the chaos in which it seems we come encased, and the very rare clarity of voice I heard when compelled to visit Mary in Paris recently, the thought just about floored me that hers was the only voice I had heard free of the clatter of the happening universe at large...and thus it was she was free to express universal truths, clearly, concisely, compellingly. I felt a presence as of her nearly asking outright of me to broadcast at least the existence of her voice in this vast emptiness.....and so began complying a few days ago. That is all for now.

 I fancy her on the shore of some cold sea, listening to voices from beyond the sky.

1 comment:

  1. Mary's voice makes me think of some future generation turning back to our voices that we've captured in our own writings. Who will listen to our voices, 90 years from now?

    ReplyDelete