Monday, February 21, 2011

Become The Buzzing Reed - A Response to David Thomas Clarinetist

David:
It is with a sense of rather profound excitement that I come upon this post. Although I play the piano, all of what you have to say not only “applies” – it is at the very center of my methodology in practice.
For one year I studied techniques of practice with musicians in India, among whom were Vamanrau Deshpande and Bhimsen Joshi. I was not studying Indian music, but rather the transfer process by which the inner sourcing of the sound might be applied to Mozart and other great masters.
I believe the introduction to these basic, indeed primal, attitudes, techniques, and approaches can be offered to any student of music from day one.
Very inspiring post.
Thank you.
Wayne

Here is the Post:




No comments:

Post a Comment