Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why Blog?

Why blog?
"That's a good question."
I believe that once I have an answer that satisfies me I will be as enchanted by, devoted to, and infatuated with blogging as I am by, to, and with twittering.
When you come right down to it (which is what I intend to do here after just a bit more beating about the bush) it's a question only you can answer.
It's your blog.
Blog about what pleases you in a way that pleases you.
And since what pleases me is to have the satisfaction of the sure knowledge that I have communicated with another (that would be you in this case) I have my answer in you! When you respond I know I have communicated. Although I realize that I may have communicated even though you do not respond, your response allows me actually to have the knowledge that I have been heard by another human being, that I have contributed something of value to another. I just love it when that happens.
I have my answer!
I am blogging to communicate.
I blog for the same reason I tweet.
For the same reason I write.
It is a vast distance from one human soul to another.
Let's communicate.

4 comments:

  1. And is that the same reason you perform, especially for children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky-
    Yes, that is the basic reason I perform-
    When I play Bach for children and a second grader tells me "the music made me feel I was in heaven" I know I have communicated something of substance to that child, something of value, something lasting. That is a good feeling.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good question Mr. McEvilly...I think I blog because it allows me to come out of the closet as a 'writer'. It allows me to be silly and share my reality. It fosters creativity and gives a stage to my bashful side. And the connection to the world is nothing short of intoxicating when I look at my blog stats and know that someone across the world has found my comfy little place on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose Marie:
    Thank you for such a substantive and thoughtful comment. I loved what you have to say and how you say it. I am very impressed with what you have done with your own blogspot site.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete