Saturday, October 16, 2010

On Prayer

I believe prayer is our one recourse here as we journey from out of the thought of the Divine Mind and go through the “strange eventful history” of life on earth. I believe we can pray anywhere, and anytime, to the God of our understanding. I also know that prayer is not the same as a petition or wish-list, but the true desire of our hearts, and that it is always granted. It is of things bigger than we can conceive, and has nothing to do with whether or not a ball goes through a hoop or we win or lose an election-God’s will for us is always for our good and harmonious unfolding-It’s always o.k. to pray for his will to be done on earth, as it is in Heaven-and as we are so constructed as to mirror this “Heaven-Earth” pattern, if we listen, his will is being done. I don’t claim to know what it is I just said, but it’s what I have in my heart at this moment about “prayer.” Wayne

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Wayne! I am with you that God only wants what is best for us :)

    ReplyDelete