Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Music & Metaphysics - Ph.D. Dissertation USC Synopsis

Music and metaphysics
by Wayne McEvilly.

Published 1963

About the Book

An essay on the experience of music as transcendence. The power of music to unite the yearning of the human heart and mind with the beloved Being from whom the incarnate entity, the immortal soul within the mortal body, feels separated. The primacy of sound vibration as organized by master metaphysically oriented composers brings us face to face with the Being that is reality, and that is our selves.


3 comments:

  1. Just reading this paragraph has my brain spinning. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayneji, I am reading The Psychic Being by Sri Aurbindo and The Mother right now, and I would love to move straight into your work as it sounds complimentary.

    Aum Namah Shivaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read this. Absolutely I would read this!

    ReplyDelete